Since it is National Random Acts of Kindness Week I thought Healthy Campus Initiatives would like to share some ways to appreciate the people around you whether you know them or not!
- Never forget to say “excuse me” when you are trying to pass someone or reach around them! It always is respectful and often not used enough these days!
- Share a compliment with someone. It is simple and easy but makes someone feel great about themselves.
- Hold the door open for someone.
- Say “Thank you” more often.
- Share a smile!
- Donate old clothing or books.
- Send a care package, whether it is for a family member or a friend it is sure to brighten someone’s day.
- Bring flowers to someone.
- Be there for someone who needs to vent. Just listen to someone and if they need advice then jump in and talk.
- Leave a note for someone. You may or may not know them who wouldn’t want to get a nice note when they are least expecting it?
There are many different ways to be kind! When people least expect it try and make their day!
Leave a comment below with some ways you have shared a random act of kindness!
Also, check out the interns of Healthy Campus Initiatives from Rowan University showing 10 Ways to Show Appreciation! We all appreciate you and hope this brings a little smile to your day!
By: Alison Nowak