Taking care of your mental health is just as important as paying attention to your physical health.
Things on a daily, weekly or monthly basis can affect the way you feel by making you happy or sad, and this can take a toll on your mind and body when constantly fluctuating.
Image Source: http://www.essortment.com/mental-health-wellness/
Some things that can negatively affect the way you feel are:
- Stress (From school or work)
- Not getting enough sleep!
- It is important to get enough hours of sleep each night otherwise it can leave you irritated or not capable of accomplishing tasks to your fullest.
- Drugs or alcohol
Some things that can positively affect the way you feel are:
- Eating Healthy
- Taking a mental break when you need to!
- Sometimes it is important to take a break from everything and do what makes you happy. (yoga, reading, playing with your pet or taking a walk)
- Spending time with friends or family
- Stepping away from the television or computer and enjoying the outdoors
To try and limit anxiety, stress, or unhappiness try to change things up in your everyday life to make yourself happy! Sometimes we all need a break to work on ourselves.
Comment below with different things you do to take a break from stressful times.
By: Alison Nowak